Contractors start laying concrete today for the new Vandenburg Ave.; target completion date is Nov. 1

first_img Close Forgot password? Please put in your email: Send me my password! Close message Login This blog post All blog posts Subscribe to this blog post’s comments through… RSS Feed Subscribe via email Subscribe Subscribe to this blog’s comments through… RSS Feed Subscribe via email Subscribe Follow the discussion Comments (4) Logging you in… Close Login to IntenseDebate Or create an account Username or Email: Password: Forgot login? Cancel Login Close WordPress.com Username or Email: Password: Lost your password? Cancel Login Dashboard | Edit profile | Logout Logged in as Admin Options Disable comments for this page Save Settings Sort by: Date Rating Last Activity Loading comments… You are about to flag this comment as being inappropriate. Please explain why you are flagging this comment in the text box below and submit your report. The blog admin will be notified. Thank you for your input. +1 Vote up Vote down Roy Rogers · 365 weeks ago “Looking good Dondlinger”–“Feeling good Roy”. Report Reply 0 replies · active 365 weeks ago 0 Vote up Vote down South part of town · 365 weeks ago So glad to see concrete going down. So wish everyone would take a few moments and drive down South H street to Botkin and see exactly what those of us living on the south side of town have to put up with for streets. Seen the city workers there this morning cleaning out ditches that should have been cleaned 10 years ago, now we have massive ruts from all the run off of the recent rains. Report Reply 2 replies · active 365 weeks ago 0 Vote up Vote down North ender · 365 weeks ago After you do that I’d challenge you to drive down North H street to Hillside. Report Reply +2 Vote up Vote down South part of town · 365 weeks ago North ender that road was completely resurfaced back about 20 years ago. Ours on the south end has never ever been paved. Too bad the city did not stay on top of North H after it was resurfaced. I know it was in 1992 that it was paved because I had a wreck 2 months before it was paved because of the wash board condition of the roadway. Report Reply Post a new comment Enter text right here! Comment as a Guest, or login: Login to IntenseDebate Login to WordPress.com Login to Twitter Go back Tweet this comment Connected as (Logout) Email (optional) Not displayed publicly. Name Email Website (optional) Displayed next to your comments. Not displayed publicly. If you have a website, link to it here. Posting anonymously. Tweet this comment Submit Comment Subscribe to None Replies All new comments Comments by IntenseDebate Enter text right here! Reply as a Guest, or login: Login to IntenseDebate Login to WordPress.com Login to Twitter Go back Tweet this comment Connected as (Logout) Email (optional) Not displayed publicly. Name Email Website (optional) Displayed next to your comments. Not displayed publicly. If you have a website, link to it here. Posting anonymously. Tweet this comment Cancel Submit Comment Subscribe to None Replies All new comments Vandenburg Ave. gets its first concrete today.by Tracy McCue, Sumner Newscow — Today was a big day for Wellington. The construction of the new Vandenburg Ave. has officially started.Starting today, Dondlinger & Sons Construction Company Inc. of Wichita using concrete subcontractor APAC Kansas Inc., Shears Division of Wellington started pouring contract at the U.S. 160/81 Pizza Hut intersection. They will proceed going north until reaching A Street on the north side of town.“The weather finally left us alone enough to allow us to get started pouring concrete,” said Gus Collins, Wellington City Manager. “Right now the target date is Nov. 1.”The road has been closed since March 18. Originally, the plan was to finish in September. But the unseasonable rain has delayed about everything.The total cost of the project will be $2.12 million for a new highway and a 10-inch sewer line which runs parallel to the west side of the road. The cost to the city of Wellington will be $553,000. The road construction project is a split with the Kansas Department of Transportation, which pays 80 percent of the project. The other 20 percent will be paid by the city. The road bid was $1.894,931 The city picked up all of the water line project cost which is budgeted at $275,000.The new road will include two lanes, shoulders, and turn lanes in specific areas. The medians will also be taken out at the north edge of the project to make it easier for wide loads to get through. The construction of Vandenburg has been discussed by the city since the 1990s.last_img